Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bodensee-Wasserversorgung

Another one of the outings that CDC (my language school) planned for the CDC students was this trip to Bodensee-Wasserversorgung (Bodensee-Water Supply). It is the water treatment facility that treats the water from the Bodensee and sends it to millions of Germans. The tour was pretty cool. When we got to the facility we all had to get badges to come into the building. Security is a top priority. If something were to happen at the facility, millions of Germans would be without water. When we finally get into the building, we sit down to a light breakfast of butter pretzels and, of course, delicious water. We got these cute little glasses that we got to keep as souvenirs and, if you were thirsty, you just got up and got some water at this cool blue water fountain that supplied fresh clean water. It was so delicious!
The tour continued and we got to see where they sent the disinfectant gas through the water and where the water ran through the filtering silt, sand, and gravel. We also got to see where they stored the water that was ready to drink.


As you can see, the facility is situated on top of this big mountain. We got a bus ride to the facility but we walked down the mountain when we left. I wouldn't have normally minded but the trail was muddy and I was wearing what I call my "city sneakers". You know, those sneakers that are comfortable but that you don't want to get dirty. I was careful and my sneaks survived the trip. I got some awesome pictures on the way down. Take a look. It was gorgeous!
Actual picture from my camera. Awesome right?
The views in Germany are awesome! Another actual picture from my camera.

No comments: