Monday, June 18, 2012

First Soccer Game


I went to my first soccer game at the end of February. I had watched soccer on television a couple of times but had never been to a game before. Magdeburg has a team called FC Magdeburg. I am trying to have pride for my team but they really are pretty bad. They lose all the time. I hope they get better. I am holding out for those kids not just because I live in Magdeburg but also because their colors are blue and white and I would really love to proudly wear an FC Magdeburg scarf. It would look so cute around my pretty little neck. Anyway, I was never really a sports person but I think I could really enjoy more games in the future. Soccer is great. More action than football and baseball combined (in my opinion) and the games are short enough for me to stay focused the entire game. The particular game I went to was in Magdeburg. We had almost one. The score was 2:1 Magdeburg at the end of the game but then in 5 minutes or so of Nachzeit (overtime) the other team scored. For a second I was a little scared. Magdeburg is not used to their team winning so to have the taste of victory so close only to have it torn away was almost too much for the people in the stands to bare. They were really angry. The day, was great though. It was a clear sunny day and it was just fun to sit in the stands, chat, and watch the game.



No comments: